Wednesday, December 20, 2006

ABA Tech Show 2007


The annual ABA Tech Show will be held on March 22-24, 2007, in Chicago, IL. I attended this past year and was very impressed (especially with the discounted paralegal rate of under a $100). This year, the advanced registration paralegal rate is $245, which I consider very reasonable for a 3 day technology conference of some of the best legal tech seminars in the country. I have listened to reviews of the different legal tech shows out there; most notable, legal tech east coast - NY (which is primarily considered a vendor show), legal tech west coast - CA (again, considered a vendor show), and the ABA Tech Show. Maybe it because I'm from the midwest and Chicago is just a 4 hour train ride away, or maybe its because I enjoy the city of Chicago, but I believe that the the ABA Tech Show is a step above the others. It seems to be focused primarily on educational and instructional seminar tracks. There is a very large expo hall with every vendor immaginable, but the focus seems to be on legal technology issues first and foremost. My only complaint last year was the intermitant wifi signal.

The program grid is now available on-line and it is sure to excite anyone who enjoys legal technology. If you are only able to make it to one legal technology show this year, I highly reccomend the ABA Tech Show.

No comments: